A realization of happiness can be seen through the many achievements and pleasures in life, likewise, through its challenges. Be optimistic and encouraged by divine encounters, relationships, lessons learned and put a big smile on your face!
Below are TEN ways to steer you into your Happy Place:
- Your Inner Circle – although family and friends can frustrate and make you want to scream at times, they are your lifeline, your rock. Whether a mother or brother to confide in or a friend to laugh with “till the cows come home”, it’s comforting to know that you have someone to lean on. Embrace and cherish these relationships.
- Celebrate Your Accomplishments – be proud of those things you worked hard for and achieved. Pull out memorabilia, letters of references, pictures, awards and reminisce on those pillars in your life and bask in the glory once again.
- You’re a Natural – the special talent or ability you have; that one thing that makes you feel joy and excitement inside, do it more often and take pleasure in it. Hone in on it, make time for it, perfect it and don’t give up on it!
- A Spirit of Gumption – we all have the ability to take initiative to achieve our goals or to get back up when we’ve fallen. There is always a way to overcome and accomplish, but it’s entirely up to you. Whether it’s to lose a few pounds, learn how to play an instrument or get over a breakup, YOUR path is in your hands. Dig deep, stir up your courage and get going!
- Acceptance of Change – if there is one thing in life that is constant, it is change. Be more open to it, instead of trying to deflect it. Change can be good. You will learn from it either way, good or bad. You just never know where that new change will lead your life; a new skill, the love of your life, a new career…
- Gratitude is Latitude – be content. Be happy about the fact that you have a job, car, home, family, friends, a bed to sleep on! Being appreciative of things and people in your life, can have an astonishing effect on the mind and spirit.
- Savour in Nature – take a walk in the forest, swim in a lake or ocean, roll down a grassy hill! Take in the wonderfulness of mother nature and breathe in the freshness of the crisp air. It will revitalize your soul.
- Have an Optimistic Perspective – you can choose to view anything in a positive light; it’s up to you to decide how to perceive any situation or circumstance. There is always opportunity in every problem or challenge; it’s all in your authoritative mindset.
- Laugher is the Best Medicine – a good laugh fest will stir up endorphins and elevate your mind. Have a sense of humour and try to see the lighter side of life. If it rains when having a picnic, find that childlike spirit; giggle, splash around and do a little rain dance. Life’s too short; LAUGH, it’s a natural tranquilizer!
- “Because I’m happy…”- tune into music that makes you want to bust a move. Whether a good ol’ country song to a catchy ear worm like “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”, music feeds the soul. Dial in, crank it up, get singing and dancing!